Re: Topband: 160m DX Activity Night

To: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m DX Activity Night
From: "VK3HJ" <vk3hj_luke@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 13:55:42 +1100
Top Band has been quite dismal on my sunrise lately (1950z) to the point of me wondering why I should even bother getting out of bed early.

I have heard Z60A and the pileup, but there is no point in even trying to call them, as they are only working Europe.

Our evenings have been mostly good to Asia, but very poor to NA, as is typical over summer time.

Our local noon is 0100z.

I did have a few highlights over the past week in working two new ones in P29VXG (first time I have ever heard any TB activity from PNG) and OA4TT.

"DX" from my QTH is anything over about 5000 km. There is very little TB activity inside this radius, apart from a few "locals".

73,

Luke VK3HJ