Re: Topband: 160 vertical advice

To: cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 vertical advice
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 17:36:58 -0500
Hi Bill,

As Wes already mentioned, your SWR bandwidth is suspicious as is your
minimum SWR.  Nevertheless your signal this morning was pretty much on par
with the strongest signals I have ever heard from KH6 land on 160 meters.

When I worked you this morning signals were not that great, but after our
QSO your signal really came up.  Your signal came up so much that I decided
to record one of your CQs at around 0608 UTC when you were running around
10 dB over my noise floor, and I even saw your signal increase to around 15
dB over my noise floor for a while a bit later on.  Your RX capabilities
appeared to be pretty good too since you copied my measly 100 watts before
signals really came up.

I just uploaded a recording of your CQ when you were running around 10 dB
over my noise floor, and here is the youtube link to the recording
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF10bDQFowU&feature=youtu.be

73,
Don (wd8dsb)