Topband: Condx from NA to EU last night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx from NA to EU last night
From: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:52:26 -0600
Conditions last night from here in the Midwest (Iowa) to Europe were
exceptional. . .probably the best of the season so far.  I got ready to shut
down around 0500z and thought I would take a listen before before I did.  I was
hearing Europe pretty well including Zone 16 stations.  I called and worked
some with 100w while the amp was warming up.  I started CQing when the amp came
on and shut down and hour and 20 minutes later having logged 41 stations.
There were a lot of honest S7/S8 signals with a last a half dozen S9 or better.
  Had I gotten on earlier I’m sure I could have worked many more, but the sun
was starting to be a factor when I went QRT.  It appears when conditions are
good the guys QSY down from 1840, dust off the keyer, and experience the
excitement of working people they can actually hear.  It was great fun.
73. . . Dave, W0FLS