Re: Topband: 160m DX Activity Night

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m DX Activity Night
From: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 08:12:38 -0500
Don

I read your post with some interest and dismay as something similar
happened to me last November

160M Wasn’t producing anything at my SR so I dropped down to 80 CW.    I
worked a few stations, one of which showed up as being worked a few years
earlier on 80 CW.     At that time I was logged into the low band chat room
and that same DX station was on and made a non-positive comment that he had
“two repeats” this morning.    I checked his website and he clearly says
“No Dupes”.

A lot of times I do not have my PC up and running in the morning before
work;  if I make a contact I just enter it as memo on my phone and enter it
into the actual log when I get back from work.   Working these “No Dupe”
guys really doesn’t worry me per se,  but if I’m trying to work them and
they decide not to respond as I’m a “dupe”,  then it wastes my time to do
so.

 Last night there were some nice EU sigs on TB and I worked several of them
(all “repeats” but they didn’t seem to care).

73 Mark K3MSB