Topband: No power line noise in any direction.

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: No power line noise in any direction.
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:53:13 -0400
After two Cat 5 Hurricanes, Irma and Maria, devastated the Vi I have been
able to get back to listening on topband with a few new reversible
DX-Engineering Beverage packages. The linemen from all over the country run
by an operation out of Plainville, NY have been rebuilding the entire
island's grid to different standards.  No more cross bars nor top pin
insulators. Hardware to continuously arc. No more tree branches to snap
crackle and pop.  160 meters is alive with signals especially on 1840 using
FT-8 mode. What is totally absent is electrical powerline noise.    I'm
certain that with the salt spray and volcanic dust from VP2M the noise will
return.  But for now, it is simply wonderful on topband.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ