Re: Topband: VE6WZ

To: Dave <rfsales@freng.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VE6WZ
From: Hugh Valentine <HSVDDS@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 02:39:09 +0000
"The ever increasing use of computer derived QSOs is here to stay but like you
I find it less than satisfying having spent so many years developing skills
that are being challenged by software not by other by people.."  ....AA0RS

This statement by Dave, AA0RS, is poignant and should be memorialized and
shared by many "Old Timers".  It is not judgmental but reflects the feelings
shared by numerous amateurs who pioneered and invested effort in the early
pursuit of the DXCC award which was the standard, held in high regard, for over
a half century.  Times are changing.....so are the standards.  So are the
values represented in the original perspective and value of the original award,
they have been inexorably changed.

Val
N4RJ