Re: Topband: Detuning Relay Flyback Diode

To: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Detuning Relay Flyback Diode
From: David Cutter via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 16:00:07 -0000
Jim

I agree with your idea about the zener and a diode but I disagree about using signal diodes on their own. In my early career I recall changing a few 1N4148/1N914s on small cradle relays. Changing to 1N4000 series stopped the failures. I also agree, that for small relays there is no need for 1N5400 size.

David
G3UNA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>