Topband: RBOG info

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: RBOG info
From: KA2FIR <ka2fir@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 08:28:43 -0500
Hi,

I recently purchased a pair of RBOG combos used and would like to get them up
and running. As an alternative to the DXE RBOG wire would landscaping wire be
ok? I've found Paige 18/2 or 16/2 landscaping wire at at cheaper price for
500'. It's bare copper as opposed to tinned and the jacket is PVC as opposed to
PE. Paige says it's "sunlight resistant."

What is the optimum lenght, 180 or 200'?

I believe they should be aimed NE/SW and NNW/SSE?

My soil is rocky and on a hill/mountain/sloping. I was told the crows foot
radials will pick up noise. Any truth to that?

Tnx,

Mike KA2FiR