Re: Topband: FT8 and digital QRM

To: Ralph Parker <ve7xf@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 and digital QRM
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 17:40:09 -0500
160 is the only HF band where all HF modes (except CW) have no
restrictions. The FT8 guys will really enjoy the CQ WW 160 SSB
contest! At least 160 isn't all that useful to the 2.8 kHz wide
Sailmail guys -- they really use the full 2.8 kHz. The band segmants
are pretty consistent on all the bands. The JT modes (including FT8)
start around .040, and RTTY above until one hits the phone band, where
"data" is not allowed, except on 160.  When there is no contest, there
seems to be room for everyone.--Mike, WV2ZOW