Topband: Small garden DX

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Small garden DX
From: John Randall via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 06:50:20 +0000 (UTC)
Lat night I worked two stations YU1XA and I5JVA and was happy with that, then
went to bed. I have now cured most of my QRN and common mode problems and could
see weaker stations on the flex panadapter. Silly me, I did learn a painful
lesson £2.50 when my preamp went dead and upon opening it up, I realized that I
had forgotten to add double back to back diodes across the preamp input. A new
2n5109 and protection diodes was soldered into place and I was back on the air.
Next step is to make a loop antenna for receive.
73John - M0ELS