Topband: More on radials

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More on radials
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 09:03:49 -0400
Here is my problem I am trying to solve.  This is why I was asking about
radials earlier.

   - I have a full length 1/4 - ish wire that runs over top a tall tree and
   the last 25 ft or so are horizontal
   - I can do elevated radials or lay radials on the ground
   - I'm not worried about SWR as I can dial that out later.
   - I have an 80m common feed point for a similar wire for 80M cw

The antenna does work, but I can tell by the SWR 2:1 bandwidth I have
significant ground losses now with 4 ground radials ~ 1/4 wave for each
band (80/160)

Thoughts and suggestions?

Mike va3mw