Topband: 630M / 2200M approved - must notify UTC

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 630M / 2200M approved - must notify UTC
From: Eric NO3M <no3m@no3m.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:16:20 -0400
Re:

http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-opens-630-and-2200-meter-bands-stations-must-notify-utc-before-operating

Notification link for UTC:

https://utc.org/plc-database-amateur-notification-process/

If you intent to operate on 630M or 2200M, submit your information to the above UTC link. You cannot commence operation prior to doing so. If no response is received from the UTC within 30 days of your notification, you can proceed to operate under your Amateur callsign. Consult Part 97 for privileges, power limits, etc.

I've been QRV since 2012 under both the ARRL experimental Part 5 group license, WD2XSH, and my own Part 5 license, WG2XJM. My operations have primarily been on 630M. Many cross-country QSOs at QRP power levels. The EIRP power limit is especially attractive for space limited locations, puts us all on even footing. Transmit antenna here is a 67 ft top-loaded vertical over 22000 ft of radials (shared with 160M Four Square). 160M beverage arrays serve on receive (and work reasonably well) as well as a full-sized BSEF 8 circle array (1150ft diameter), which may be the largest circular array currently in Amateur use.

Hope to hear many topbanders on the LF bands in the future.

73 Eric NO3M / WG2XJM