Topband: Early reversebeacon 160M eclipse results

To: topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Early reversebeacon 160M eclipse results
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 21:53:54 -0400
Here's an interesting graph I just made of the eclipse enhancement between
AA1K and
AA4VV on 160M.

See chart here: http://n3qe.org/aa1k-aa4vv-160m-eclipse.pdf

Both were north of eclipse totality but the path saw a substantial darkness
enhancement (from 7dB SNR to 20 dB SNR) delayed maybe 10 minutes from the
timeframe of 60%-80% totality.

I was outside during that time, roughly on the AA1K-AA4VV path, and while I
saw the 80% coverage I still felt it was plenty bright outside!

Tim N3QE