Re: Topband: Unterminated WOG/BOG

To: "Sean Waite" <waisean@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Unterminated WOG/BOG
From: k8gg@voyager.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:00:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,

IMHO, 150 feet of beverage for 160 is too little.

I would prefer a pennant or flag loop antenna aimed at Europe.  It works!

Also, being only about 30 feet in length, one can keep it on one's
property.  At a previous QTH I spaced two pennants 160 feet apart,
broadside, toward Europe and either fed them to a magic tee in phase.
Worked well, did not pick up neighbor's spurious signals from home
entertainment devices, etc.
Even a single pennant works well enough, as long as one has a decent preamp.

George,  K8GG