Topband: Been off the air a bit

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Been off the air a bit
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 17:03:00 -0400
I've had to miss much of 160 this year.
I've had a problem with my leg since a MD
applied a tight cast back in 72. It
finally came full circle and I've had my
right leg amputated 6" below the knee.

The bugger is my radio is in the basement
and the stairs are a bit too steep for me
to feel comfortable going down on crutches
and the rig has been off for awhile now.
I'll be going downstairs a bit now that I
have my strength built up with the
crutches but its too late for much
activity this spring,

I'll be fitted with a temporary prosthesis
sometime this summer and looking forward
to getting back on 160 this coming fall.

73,

Gary
KA1J