Topband: duo-band 80/160 inverted-L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: duo-band 80/160 inverted-L
From: Carl Luetzelschwab <carlluetzelschwab@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:02:11 -0400
Thanks to a big oak tree, I have used a homebrew 80m trap (large diameter
B&W Miniductor and high voltage doorknob caps) at the top of my 80m
quarterwave wire vertical, and a wire at the top of the trap sloped down to
a tree by the house to achieve 160m resonance. I have two 60-foot elevated
radials and two-120 foot elevated radials.

It has worked very well over the years. I also have a small Miniductor coil
at the bottom of the vertical wire so I can change from 80m to 75m using an
alligator clip to short out turns for 75m operation.

Carl K9LA