Topband: 160 POWER

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 POWER
From: <JAYB1943@OPTONLINE.NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:30:32 -0400
I sure agree with John, W4NU...I have been working on 160 DXCC with 80 watts
and an inverted-L for 20 years and only managed 65 countries. Just bought a
600 watt amp 3 months ago, worked country #99 yesterday and expect to work
#100 this week !! The received noise levels at so many stations around the
world require a lot of RF to get above it. I also run JT9/JT65 on 160 which
sure helps getting thru under poor conditions. I have QRP DXCC on the 3
upper bands; it’s WAAAYY different on TB.
       GL all – c u on 160 JT9/JT65 – Jay NY2NY (ex-K2OVS)

---