Re: Topband: JT65 Power and bandwidth

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: JT65 Power and bandwidth
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 14:42:25 -0500
I was wondering about just how narrow we can go on JT9, JT65, or WSPR. I
always believed that reducing it would actually degrade the RX. However,
the User's Guide (first link below) doesn't say that! Apparently, the
reason for a wide RX bandwith --up to 5 kHz-- is simply so that we can see
more signals in the wider waterfall.
physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-1.7.0.html

Any more experiences about reducing the bandwith, even below 1300?

And we should encourage using JT9 whenever possible. The reasons are
well-known. Not only is JT9 significantly more sensitive on 160m, but you
can fit 10 JT9 signals in the same bandwidth as one JT65 signal. See
physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Mar 18, 2017 1:48 PM, "Dennis W0JX via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>