Re: Topband: pressure treated wood for RX ant supports?

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: pressure treated wood for RX ant supports?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 17:21:47 -0600
Jamie,

The wood would have zero effect on any antenna.

And 4x4 pressure treated lumber (probably yellow pine) is waaaay overkill.
:-)

Keep in mind that pressure treated lumber may warp in time (my 2x2 Beverage
antenna supports sure did!). In my experience, ordinary #2 pine coated with
marine spar varnish is not likely to warp.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com