Topband: Electric Fence RFI

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Electric Fence RFI
From: kliegle@myfairpoint.net
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 21:30:02 -0500
The only RFI I get is when the grass gets too tall and touches the wires
or when a tree branch falls across the wires to ground.
I have to weed whack once every few weeks to keep the tall grass/weeds on the
outside of the perimeter from making contact, but
this past summers drought took care of that!

Once I hear the tell tale pop in the RXR every few seconds, it's time to 'walk
the lines' and find problem.

Don't have make and model of charger handy, but runs off 120VAC and 'packs a
wallop' when in contact!!!
PS My charger is located 8' away from the HF rig and SDR RXR's and on the same
AC line. Antennas are located over head at 50, 75, and 100'.

73 Kriss KA1GJU