Topband: K3 remote power switching

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K3 remote power switching
From: Victor Goncharsky via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:17:17 +0300
Dear friends,
I am using K3 for remote operation. Recently we experience the increase  of
power failures here in Ukraine.
Despite of having 7AH battery as a PS buffer, sometimes when the electricity is
off for a long time, K3 is switched OFF.
This requires the trip to the remote site.
Is there an easy way to remotely switch K3 on and OFF through the serial port?
Does a software exists that is dealing with this.

I was trying to find the K3 menu item that will enable switching K3 back ON
when electricity is restored (like in all computer motherboards)  but could not.
Would appreciate the assistance.

--
73, Victor Goncharsky US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in VHF contests, ex UB5WE), P.E.
UARL Technical and VHF Committies