Re: Topband: Bowtie Flags

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bowtie Flags
From: wb6rse1@mac.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 14:24:22 -0800
Mark’s observation feeds my skepticism of a bowtie vs a flag in the specific
circumstance where a ground independent RX antenna is your only option.

A bowtie would be about half the capture area of an equivalent “box” flag and
consequently at a immediate disadvantage. If I was going to replace the flag
with another ground independent design in about the same footprint, it would be
a Waller flag.

73 - Steve WB6RSE

On Dec 13, 2016, at 11:00 AM, Mark Connelly via Topband