Re: Topband: Top band from Indian Ocean - 3B9HA

To: olof@rowanhouse.net, 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Top band from Indian Ocean - 3B9HA
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 10:28:34 -0700
Olof,

I'm in AZ. SR at 1419z and SS at 0019z. I heard you on 80m CW yesterday
just before and during our SR abt 339/449. I have 3B9 on 80m so I didn't
call. However, many of us on the West Coast do need 3B9 on 160m. Anytime I
see a spot for you on TB I have listened when we might have propagation.
During one of our SS I could tell you were on 80m CW but you were being
called by all the rest of NA making it almost impossible for any WC to get
through.

Two suggestions:  please be on by 1400z, since we may have only a 20 minute
window at our SR. Other W6s and W7s will have much more darkness so please
listen. Could you move your tx antenna closer to the lagoon? I understand
that if the tx antenna is more than a 1/2 wave from water, it does not help
the signal much.

73, and tnx for your effort.

Ray,
N6VR