Topband: RBOG - wire fence

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RBOG - wire fence
From: "James Denneny" <57jndenneny@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:14:56 -0800
Plan to install two RBOGs shortly.  The E/W RBOG path would most
conveniently place half the length adjacent to a two foot tall wire mesh
fence we have to keep geese off the property.  What is the likelihood that
the fence could adversely impact RBOG performance, resonance etc?  I have an
alternate location in the grass away from fence but it will put a 45 degree
bend at RBOG mid-point.

The other question is the susceptibility of the quad shielded RG6 coax cable
running on the ground to the shack - do rodents etc like to feed on coax?
Buried PVC would be long run.

Thanks

Jim K7EG