Re: Topband: DXE NCC-1 phasing box

To: "'Rob Atkinson'" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DXE NCC-1 phasing box
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:01:19 -0600
Tim is an outstanding ham and a super nice guy, but he unfortunately
inherited the "no schematic" DXE policy when he took his job. He does his
best to provide customer support, which I appreciate, but there's not much
he can do about changing the policy, which customers have complained about
for years. Fortunately, most of the DXE products are quite straightforward
and easy to reverse engineer. I did that myself, with my beverage switching
unit, which failed almost immediately. I took the cover off, found an
electrolytic capacitor installed backwards, and fixed the problem in five
minutes. On the plus side, I've found DXE products to be well-designed and
solidly built. To me, the lack of technical service information is
frustrating and misguided, but not a deal-breaker.
73,
Jim W8ZR

Atkinson
> Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 08:41 AM
> To: k3lr@k3lr.com
> Cc: topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: Topband: DXE NCC-1 phasing box
>
> I just finished speaking with Tim K3LR on the land line with regard to my
problem  We had
> a cordial conversation and I must say in all the years I have been a ham,
I have never had