Re: Topband: Working Europe

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Working Europe
From: Jorge Diez CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:23:55 -0300
Hi!

Summer stew was very funny

Not low noise as I expected but much better than December-January for me :-)

Don't have the log here, but worked about 50 starions, only one European (DL),
4 or 5 JA and the rest from USA and VE with 5 low power station on the log

Listened 4O3A and 7Z1 they where in AA contest but they didn't copy me

Nice idea, hope we continue to have a "summer" Stew!

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

Enviado desde mi iPhone

> El 30 jun. 2016, a las 16:13, Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com> escribió:
>
> There is the issue of when people are actually listening on 160. *Sounds*
> dead because no one is there.
>
> Then there is the issue of when the band is actually open.
>
> Summer QRN in the northern hemisphere is a bummer, but RBN keeps showing
> that the path is open in a summer fashion that we don't have dialed in yet.
>
> Antenna here was necessarily on the ground for tree work during summer Stew
> :>(   But did note in the results how many worked CW5W. 4 Stews a year is a
> good idea and may pick up activity in the off times as we continue to
> disprove ancient myths.
>
> Looking forward to the solar minimum.
>
> 73, Guy
>

>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought conditions on 160M to EU were very nice in the Summer Stew.
>> Helped that there was zero local thunderstorm noise and I'm guessing was
>> good weather in EU too.
>>
>> Tim N3QE
>>
>>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:26 PM, K1FZ-Bruce <k1fz@myfairpoint.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> Good opening to Europe after 11 PM eastern time yesterday.  One station
>>> not having any luck was just giving his call once. Another station was
>>> calling off frequency.  RIT on ?
>>>

>>> 73
>>> Bruce