Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 162, Issue 21

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 162, Issue 21
From: "dick.bingham" <dick.bingham@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:35:50 -0700
Hello Mike

You do not mention anything about the local electrical distribution system. IF
you do not have to worry about antenna wire contacting local power wires, you
could use a half-wave vertical suspended by a balloon. EASY to feed such an
antenna.

Two 160-meter contests ago I tried such an antenna using ~#30 magnet wire. At
100-watts in my early evening it was working stations to my East (CN97uj QTH)
quite competitively until the rain arrived and weighted-down the antenna. Too
late to buy a second party balloon to keep it in the air. Next time I will use
_several_ balloons instead of one.

Good luck with whatever you employ for the contest.

73 Dick/w7wkr CN97uj  and CN98pi
  1. Best way to jury rig a quick 160m contest antenna?