Topband: Sunspots & Maunder Minimum

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Sunspots & Maunder Minimum
From: g4hds <g4hds@ronaunwin.plus.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 18:08:24 +0100
It's interesting that there's now seeming growing evidence that the next
Sunspot Minimum may well herald the start of a Maunder Minimum

From what I've read and understand the 11 year cycle effectively rides on yet
another and somewhat longer cycle. As both now begin to combine on the downward
slope our sunspot count can and will effectively fall off the proverbial cliff.

So I guess it's goodbye HF hello LF.

Whilst this maybe good for Topband Operations, I fear I may need to split my
spare time between putting up a bigger wire.....and putting my chainsaw to good
use building up the log pile ready for those extra long winters nights!

But I suppose, every Snow Cloud has a Silver Lining.

73 Paul

( I Need a Bigger Amp ! )