Re: Topband: Pixel vs BOG

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pixel vs BOG
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 11:38:08 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Ken,

Small diameter "magnetic" loops such as the Pixel can be very
effective in nulling a single vertically polarized local RFI source,
fortunately most local RFI sources are vertically polarized. Their
deep narrow beamwidth null is also very useful for determining the
location of an RFI source.

A small diameter loop provides no useful directivity for skywave
propagated signals (such as the atmospheric noise in VO1HP's
video) because the polarization of the incoming wave is constantly
changing.

73
Frank
W3LPL