Re: Topband: Receive loop observations

To: James Rodenkirch <Rodenkirch_LLC@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Receive loop observations
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 16:02:41 -0400
Hi Jim,

I know my following info does not directly answer your question, but I do
think it's important regarding feedline isolation.

I suggest you take a look at the recommendations of N6RK regarding the use
of a matching transformer to feed tuned shielded loops as it isolates the
feedline from the antenna (shield of coax not tied directly to the loop).
I use the N6RK matching transformer method on my loops of similar design
and think it makes the most sense regarding feedline isolation, and
maintaining proper balance of the antenna.

Here is a link to his paper, and his matching transformer is shown on page
30 and 33 of his paper.
http://www.n6rk.com/loopantennas/pacificon.pdf

73,
Don (wd8dsb)