Re: Topband: : Re: 1 center point to ground all 8 beverages??

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: : Re: 1 center point to ground all 8 beverages??
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 20:11:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Felipe,

I've never done Beverage switching in my antenna field, my
nine receiving antenna feedlines go individually to my shack.

But I'll speculate a bit, perhaps others can comment based on
their actual experience.

The feed point impedance of a Beverage antenna is approximately
450 ohms. If you use relays to select among the Beverages at
the 450 ohm impedacne level you probably will have great
difficulty achieving adequate isolation.

You're more likely to achieve good switching isolation on the low
impedance side of your Beverage matching transformers. If you
must use a common ground rod for multiple Beverage feed points,
you should also switch the connections to the ground rod.

73
Frank
W3LPL