Topband: Southern Hemisphere Autumn Stew

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Southern Hemisphere Autumn Stew
From: Phil Hartwell via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 09:31:14 +0800
Hi Folks,

Thanks to the guys at Boring ARC for providing us with yet another Stew event, I hope this one becomes a permanent fixture. Conditions were very poor from this isolated part of the planet and late summer QRN made it tough going. No EU contacts, I only heard a few weak Russian stations operating in a contest prior to SR and could not raise a response by CQ'n. No Asian contacts, I heard a few JA's but concentrated on stateside and by the time it was SR on the west coast the JA's had gone. I only heard midwest USA, nothing from east or west coasts and even the big guns were S2 at best.
Consequently I only managed 8 stateside contacts and one east coast VK.
Despite that, the beauty of the Stew scoring system is being able to wrack up a reasonable score with so few QSO's, as Perth is a long way from everywhere. I look forward to giving many of you umpteen thousand point QSO's in the June Stew.

73, Phil VK6GX.