Re: Topband: Spring Stew Perry Equinox Version.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Spring Stew Perry Equinox Version.
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 05:57:12 -0400
Sorry Bob that I appeared deaf but I had the Beverages on EU most of the time to reduce the clix from a nearby local station. I did work later both KH6ZM and KH6AT and both were very strong when they called me. Also many W6's and W7's are in my log. Condition to EU were good so I concentrated on the 20-30 pointers there until after EU S/R and then resorted to a broken West Beverage on the ground (knocked down by a deer and without termination) to work stations to the NW. This knocked down the clix but the the stations calling me signals were still there and readable just out of the noise level which was zero with the broken antenna. This proves that you can't ever have too many RX antennas on 160 meters even if they are laying on the ground.

Herb Schoenbohm KV4FZ