Re: Topband: 160M 8 Circle Array for transmit

To: "Ray Higgins (W2RE)" <w2re@hudsonvalleytowers.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M 8 Circle Array for transmit
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 10:43:28 -0800
On 3/4/2016 9:38 AM, Ray Higgins (W2RE) wrote:
Im looking for both spacing and phasing for 80M and 160M 8 Circle array for a
QTH in Maine. I cant seem to find much information by searching online. Can
someone point me in the right direction.

Ray Higgins
W2RE.com

I am currently building a receive system as follows:

Freq.: 1.83 MHz
Diameter: 290 ft
Phasing: 115 degrees
RDF: 12 dB

If we number the verticals 1 through 8 going around the
circle, amplitude is as follows:

1, 2, 5, 6: zero
3, 4, 7, 8: one

Phasing:

3, 8: zero
4, 7: 115 degrees

The distance from 3 to 8 is chosen to be exactly 1/2 wavelength.

The distance from 3 to 4 comes out to about 0.2 wavelength,
a useful spacing.

Models well on EZNEC.  Good gain, very low sidelobes.

Rick N6RK