Topband: 160M A35T

To: TOPBAND <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160M A35T
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:19:43 +0000 (UTC)
Last night was a pleasant surprise.  I started off by working IF9ZWA at 0549.
His signal came up out nowhere quickly.  I reached over to turn on 3 minutes of
agony (tube warm-up) and decided to call him barefoot.  A quick QSO resulted
(he was S7) then I realized I had the K3 power set to drive my amp.  The QSO
was made with 55W.  He peaked a few minutes later at S9 on the K3 meter.
Definite SR enhancement
About 0715 I hear stations calling someone thinking it might be A35T.  Finally
about 0735 I begin to hear very weak CW on 1821.5 and finally worked them at
0745Z.  The amp was in play, it had remained on.

TX/RX ant is 1/4wl sloper.
Arne N7KA
DM65
New Mexico