Re: Topband: A35T

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A35T
From: "Milt" <miltn5ia@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:34:33 -0700
I was fortunate to work them this AM on 160 M. However, the problem was hearing their signal. It was weak, as it was the previous morning when I listened only to a few dits. IMHO their signal is at least 20 DB below where it should be when compared with other South Pacific DXped Top Band signals.

As said, their signal was weak while sporadically getting answers from both NA and JA. I waited for a signal peak where I was sure I could hear the reply. I got a come back with a single call to them.

I also worked them on 80 M this AM, with 100 Watts.  Lots of callers.

They QRTed on 40 M right at the time I was making the all important 160 M contact. Otherwise I might have made the trifecta in a short period of time. I only have a single 160 M vertical (full WL on 40 M) for use on 40 M but the K3 tuner tunes it very well. Will see if they are on 40 in the manana.

73, and GL to everyone, de Milt, N5IA

CU all in the CQ 160 SSB this weekend.  I will operate N7GP from AZ -- DM52.

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown