Re: Topband: Summer in the Northern Hemisphere

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Summer in the Northern Hemisphere
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:23:00 -0500
Thank you all for the interesting perspectives of why this is. I
never thought about one hemisphere having more QRN than the other
though I always think of rain forests in S. America and them having
massive storms in their summer.

160 really is our challenge, I remember being stunned how loud S.
Georgia was coming in on 30M, easily 599 on my K3 S meter. 160M,
hardly moved the meter but I could hear them easily.

Thanks for the different links, I had one lightning link saved in
Chrome but it was eventually a dead link and I never looked farther.
Now I have two links saved. I'll keep them next to the WA7BNM Contest
calendar.

Thank you again for all the thoughts and links.

73,

Gary
KA1J