Re: Topband: CQ160

Subject: Re: Topband: CQ160
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:15:11 -0500
I found it very effective to "spread up". When conditions to EU were really
top-notch Saturday night (your Sunday morning) I worked a lot of EU's above
1860 without the high QRM conditions found lower in the band.

There were some phone guys above 1850. Because they never stopped talking,
it was pretty to avoid them.

I think the really strong EU stations could hold a run frequency lower in
the band but not the majority could do that.

Overall, I felt this years running to have less QRM than some past years.
Yes, several times I would be CQ'ing, then an EU would come up underneath
me CQ'ing. I'd generally go S&P to work the guy and go even higher in the
band! But that happens every year. I'm happy for the 10-pointer no matter
how I got it.

Tim N3QE