Re: Topband: Direct buy coax

To: "'Jeff Wilson'" <jjw5257@yahoo.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Direct buy coax
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:26:54 -0600
Jeff,
I cleaned the gophers out a few years back and they haven't returned.  I do
get chew marks on the RG6 from I am not sure ... weasel, skunk, badger.  I
wrap the chewed area with electricians tape and am good to go again.
Sometimes the RG6 is chewed so bad that a small section needs to be cut out.
A couple of fittings on each end, a double female, fusion tape followed by
electricians tape and it is all fixed.  When a section gets too many fixes,
chuck it and replace with new.  At $25CAD/1000ft the cost is minimal.

Doug/VE5RA

I wasn't born in Saskatchewan, but I got here as soon as I could.