Re: Topband: K5P

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K5P
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 12:36:27 -0500
K5P was very strong on 160 meters this morning around 0830 UTC and QRN was
very low (no static crashes due to the lack of thunder storms in the US),
and I finally got into their log running my 100 watts and 68 foot base
loaded vertical.  I uploaded another recording of them calling CQ this
morning to document just how solid they really were on 160 meters, and here
is a link to the video for those interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDUK4CsJb9g&feature=youtu.be

Looking at my pan adapter there were numerous stations calling K5P during
this recording which K5P apparently did not hear.

Thanks to the entire K5P crew, and based on clublog it looks like I owe
K9CT a big hug (shows him as the operator I worked).

73,
Don (wd8dsb)