Re: Topband: SP conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: SP conditions
From: Pat N8VW <n8vw@linuxcolumbus.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 10:44:18 -0500
On 2015-12-27 14:24, Art Snapper wrote:
I was a little disappointed with conditions here in Michigan last night.
It seemed more like the Summer Stew with the lightning static from the
storms in Texas and the Upper Mississippi Valley.

Very noisy here also. Early it sounded like someone was crunching paper in my ears and with no receive antennas it was painful. Later when the K dropped it sounded a bit better, but still local noise was evident. Led xmas lights maybe?

Had a computer problem, time would randomly reset so log is messed up on the times. Used the station call (k8mk) instead of mine this year just for fun. At 5w only dx worked was NP2X, but KV4FZ gave it a good try. FM5BH was in mud and didn't hear any EU.

..n8vw