Topband: Stew Perry

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry
From: K4OWR <k2owr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 11:21:38 -0500
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K4OWR
Operator(s): K4OWR
Station: K4OWR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs =216  Total Score = 477  Grids= 96

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:
First CW contest operated in almost 25 years! It's NOT like riding a bike :-)
Even 7 hours wore me out.
Stew Perry a very "odd" contest with relatively low activity. Reminded me of a vhf contest in the old days where you work the band dry in an hour, take off for an hour, repeat. Was able to get Runs going, but I was easily overwhelmed with lots of calls, which button to press, and me being new to all this For me, a great experience on CW. Very different from phone with it's QRM, terrible ops, regular rag chewers annoyed at you. Got to try out all my new little interface gadgets. I'm ready for the big 160 test in Feb!