Topband: Stew Op Times

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Op Times
From: "dick.bingham" <dick.bingham@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 15:12:45 -0800
Merry Christmas to everyone

Jim and Rick along with so many of you have done their antenna homework and
others should emulate that sort of work.

It seems like something is always getting in the way come Stew-time. I will not
be on this year. Rick's several point comments are spot-on for all 160-meter
op's.

I had planned on using a half-wave balloon supported this year like I did a
year or two before. I live in a CC&R antenna restriction area and used 280-feet
of #30 wire as the radiator. It lived up to the EZNEC predictions and worked
lots of folks toward the East earlier than what I normally experienced. Rain
finally brought the balloon down and ended my participation. . .

This year, no antenna ===> no Stew . . .  I am not allowed to use my arms for
the next several months due to a chest-cracking and some bypass surgery on the
heart.
Have a great Stew . . .

73 Dick/w7wkr CN97uj

Message: 8