Topband: Stew Perry Plaque - THANKS!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry Plaque - THANKS!
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:09:57 -0400
Thanks very much to Thor TF4M for sponsoring the "Top Score Mobile" 2014
plaque and to Lew, Tree and others behind the scenes to get it here.  It
arrived just an hour  ago.

I am not sure what to do this year, as there is no mobile plaque to chase
and my 160m inverted L (and most of my other antennas) were blown apart a
week ago due to an ice storm. (10k were w/o power for ~2 days around here)

Maybe I should chase the "..Dr. Beldar - L1AR         Top Score - S/O - Temp
antenna, Erected > Dec 14th." plaque?

In any case, thanks very much to all involved.   The wind has been taken out
of my sails due to the antenna losses, (and I've kinda lost motivation)
however if I can load something up, I'll at least put in a token effort to
remember ol' Stew W1BB from years gone by.  I always loved that magazine
photo of his car with giant mobile antenna loading coil on the trunk of his
car.

73 de Mike VE9AA FN66...often mobile

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB