Re: Topband: The Stew Perry is Coming. Are You Ready?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: The Stew Perry is Coming. Are You Ready?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 09:21:32 -0800
On Tue,12/22/2015 6:45 PM, Stephen Bloom wrote:
I suspect Alaska is gonna be real rare on 160M for awhile.

Yes, but not impossible. I ran QRP for ARRL 160 and worked WL7E. It wasn't easy, but we made it. Rich always heard my QRP signal, usually on the first call. KL7KY was much tougher. Don't recall if we ever made it.

I'll be running 5W for the Stew, so everyone who works me gets the 4X bonus. We've been having good heavy rain this month (15 inches so far, more predicted before the weekend), so soil conductivity is creeping up, which should help my signal a bit. When propagation is good, I can work stations in W1/2/3/4 with good ears. VE1, VY2, PJ2, and KP4FZ are also in my log QRP. Nearly all of those Qs have been within an hour of sunrise on the east end of the QSO.

I still need VT, CT, SC, WV, MS, and KY for WAS.

73, Jim K9YC