Topband: Upcoming 160M contests

To: topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Upcoming 160M contests
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:08:28 -0500
0: I already missed the RSGB 1.8MHz contest for 2015. I was hoping to get
at least one valid QSO to improve on my score from last year, but I totally
spaced out and missed the contest. In 2013 or 2014 I remember I got one QSO
with a G, but I busted his serial number so I got zero points.

1: I plan to try, for first time, the Russian 160M contest. It runs from
3PM to 7PM EST tomorrow Fri Dec 18, or 2000Z-2400 UTC. I plan to be on, at
least near the end! I hope some other locals are on too!
http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/contestdetails.php?ref=202
http://www.qrz.ru/contest/detail/90.html

2: Stew Perry is the big one for me. This year, night of Saturday Dec 26th
into morning of Sunday Dec 27th. http://kkn.net/stew/

3: NAQCC 160M QRP Sprint. I enjoy the heck out of this one, do it with a
straight key too. Wed Jan 13 0130-0330 UTC, or Thursday night Jan 14
8:30PM-10:30PM for EST. http://naqcc.info/sprint201601_160.html

Tim N3QE