Re: Topband: 160m LP to LP DX contacts in 2015

To: <k6uj@pacbell.net>, <herbs@vitelcom.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m LP to LP DX contacts in 2015
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 11:29:32 -0500
Bob,

I am not sure if you are aware that KP4KE allegations and confirmed actions
are legendary.  People have operated from his station and never had the same
result (can't imagine why).  Also, KP4KE was legendary for self spotting.
He asked me to spot him one year in the ARRL DX contest and I just ignored
him.  I noticed later that N1UR spotted KP4KE.  Hard for me to do
unconnected to the internet at the time.

There is not a Top bander on the planet that believes KP4KE was using 5W in
many of the claimed contest operations.

73

Ed  N1UR