Re: Topband: QRP

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP
From: James Bennett <w6jhb@me.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 09:49:07 -0800
Hmmm…. Junk, yes. Cheap, no. Five years ago we purchased a $2,900 Samsung
P.O.C. plasma TV, at the time not knowing what plasma sets (some) do to the HF
bands. Not only does it clobber HF,  but the picture quality has degraded
seriously in the areas of white scenes. Not cheap. But certainly junk. We have
an old Sony plasma and a new Panasonic plasma, neither of which cause any
interference on HF. These days, when you buy any major appliance, get in
writing that the store will take it back if you are not 100% satisfied.

Jim / W6JHB