Re: Topband: Topband QRP WAS

Subject: Re: Topband: Topband QRP WAS
From: DL1AMQ@web.de
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 20:13:37 +0100
During last few days/weeks I see a dramatic difference of DXpropagation in 80m
vs. 160m band. On 80m I worked US states CA and WA during US SS contest while
no one US station can be really heard on TopBand.
This difference appears in a gap of frequency of about 1,7 Mhz only.

I assume, the smaller the gap the smaller the difference in DXpropagation.
My question is: why all intercontinental DX happens at the band edge of 1.8 MHz
instead of the "faster" band edge at 2.0 MHz to get closer to the "good DXprop
range" ?

One possible reason I see is DX window to JA.
I would like to check DXprop between US <=> EU at TopBands both edges to
compare in practice.
Any comments ?

73 de Thomas, DL1AMQ