Re: Topband: Tracking entities

Subject: Re: Topband: Tracking entities
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 14:09:04 -0500
The pattern-searching I think can help with the guys/entities that are on
160M more than one night a week. In the winter this'll get you to several
dozen entities on 160M just working the regulars.

I find reversebeacon.net to be most useful for looking at patterns of the
guys/entities regularly on 160M. Relying only on manually generated spots
is very very patchy. You can do mass downloads of reversebeacon.net data
for past 6 years, see http://reversebeacon.net/raw_data/

After you've worked the "regular DX" on 160M, I think you're left with
pericontest, contest, and DXpedition activity.

For tracking that stuff, subscribing to a DX newsletter or watching NG3K's
calendar can be key.

Tim N3QE